About this Workplace Health and Safety Assessment
Conducting a health and safety assessment is an important step in managing risk and ensuring the safety of employees at the workplace. By conducting an OH&S assessment, employers can identify potential hazards and risk levels and then take steps to mitigate the risks with work activities.
This workplace health and safety assessment tool can be used to establish a general level of risk management compliance with your workplace health and safety management system.
When you have established your current level of compliance with hazard identification and the risk assessment process you will be able to:
- Implement corrective actions and control measures with identified hazards (inclusive of all safety and physical hazards).
- Establish a risk analysis plan to improve and further enhance compliance in work areas where safety risk assessments reveal no, or little compliance to safe systems of work.
- Undertake a verification audit where the assessment reveals a fully compliant system.
Benefits of Conducting a Workplace Health and Safety Assessment?
Conducting a workplace health and safety assessment offers several benefits for organizations and their employees. Firstly, it helps identify potential hazards and risks present in the workplace. By thoroughly examining the work environment, equipment, processes and employee practices, assessments can pinpoint areas where safety measures may be lacking or need improvement.
This proactive approach enables organizations to take preventive actions to eliminate or minimize risks, reducing the likelihood of accidents, injuries and occupational illnesses. Ultimately, it promotes a safer work environment and protects the well-being of employees.
Secondly, a workplace health and safety assessment aids in ensuring legal compliance and regulatory adherence. Laws and regulations related to occupational health and safety vary by industry and jurisdiction and organizations are obligated to meet these standards.
Conducting an assessment allows businesses to assess their compliance with applicable regulations, identify any gaps or violations and take corrective measures to meet legal requirements. This helps protect the organization from potential penalties, fines, or legal consequences while demonstrating a commitment to providing a safe and healthy workplace.
Furthermore, compliance with health and safety regulations enhances the organization’s reputation, fostering trust among employees, customers and stakeholders.
What is Included in this Workplace Health and Safety Assessment?
This assessment tool has provisions for the following key principles of OH&S:
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Planning for Workplace Safety
- Consultation and Communication
- Incident Management
- Risk Management
- Records and Records Management
- Safety Laws
Why Become a Member of Redcat Safety and Download this Workplace Health and Safety Assessment?
This assessment tool can be used to audit a health and safety system and assess compliance with health and safety laws that may be applicable to your business.
The assessment tool can be a part of a safety program based on the evaluation of risks and the identification of hazards by regularly inspecting the workplace, eliminating the hazards and ensuring compliance with the occupational safety and health administration regulations.
After downloading this assessment template you will be able to:
- Very easily edit and customize the template to create your own workplace assessment.
- Apply your own style, format and brand to the assessment tool.
- Use it in any industry or sector regardless of size or type of organization.
Availability and Use of Workplace Health and Safety Assessment
- This assessment tool is accessible to you right now by clicking the ‘Become a Member Now’ button.
- The assessment tool will be delivered to you in fully editable Microsoft Word format for immediate and full use in your business.
- There are no membership auto-renewals, contracts or ongoing costs.
If you can find HSEQ resources that are of better value than what your Redcat Safety Membership offers, we will REFUND YOU double the cost of your membership.