About this Cell Phone Toolbox Talk
Communication devices can cause unnecessary distractions which can affect a person’s awareness of surroundings and reaction times.
The use of cell phones and radios can easily present an unacceptable risk of injury or incident in the workplace, particularly while operating or working near mobile plant or driving.
This cell phone toolbox talk provides practical guidance to eliminate or minimize risks associated with cell phones and radios within the workplace.
General Cell Phone Safety and Use
If approval has been granted for the use of a cell phone while at work, the following safety conditions can be applied to enable safe working conditions.
- The use of cell phones within the workplace to be limited to work-related calls, or emergencies only.
- All vehicle and mobile plant operators must stop the operation of the vehicle or mobile plant to receive or make a phone call.
- Any worker controlling or near operating mobile plant or machinery must cease work to make or receive a phone call.
- Any calls of a personal nature are to be only made at rest or during lunch breaks.
- If operating a vehicle (not fitted with a hands-free device), the driver must stop the vehicle, park in a safe place with the parking brake on and only move when the call is completed. If the vehicle is fitted with a hands-free device, they may use the phone if it is safe to do so.
Note: Texting messages should be regarded as a phone call and the same conditions apply.
Why Become a Member of Redcat Safety and Download this Cell Phone Toolbox Talk?
- Toolbox talks on cell phone safety can raise awareness about the potential risks and hazards associated with cell phone use in the workplace.
- Employees gain a better understanding of the dangers of distracted driving, compromised concentration and reduced situational awareness.
After downloading this cell phone toolbox talk you will be able to:
- Very easily edit and customize the template to create your own phone safety talk.
- Apply your own style, format and brand to the toolbox talk.
- Use it in any industry or sector regardless of size or type of organization.
Availability and Use of this Cell Phone Toolbox Talk
- This cell phone toolbox talk template is accessible to you right now by clicking the ‘Become a Member Now’ button.
- The toolbox talk will be delivered to you in fully editable Microsoft Word format for immediate and full use in your business.
- There are no membership auto-renewals, contracts or ongoing costs.
If you can find HSEQ resources that are of better value than what your Redcat Safety Membership offers, we will REFUND YOU double the cost of your membership.