What is an Office Ergonomics Checklist?
An office ergonomics checklist is a tool used to identify potential hazards in the workplace that could lead to workplace injuries.
By using an ergonomics checklist, employers can take proactive steps to prevent injuries from occurring in the first place. Also, by following an ergonomics checklist, you can set up your office in a way that promotes comfort and productivity.
The Importance of an Ergonomic Assessment
An ergonomic assessment is a process used to identify how best to match a person’s physical capabilities with the demands of their job.
An ergonomic assessment can help you determine which job tasks put you at risk. It can also help you identify what changes can be made to your workstation, tools, or equipment to help reduce your risk.
An ergonomic assessment is not a one-time event. As your job tasks, workstation, or equipment change, you may need to have another assessment to identify any new ergonomic risks.
How to Optimize Your Office for Ergonomics
Office ergonomics refers to the study of how people can optimize their workspace to minimize stress and strain on the body. There are several factors to consider when creating an ergonomic office space, including furniture, lighting, lumbar support, working surfaces and computer setup.
By making a few simple changes to your office, you can help reduce your risk of developing musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs).
When it comes to optimizing office ergonomics, there are a few key things to keep in mind. Your furniture should be comfortable and support your body in a neutral position.
This means that your chair should be at the right height for your desk and your keyboard and mouse should be within easy reach. You may also want to invest in an ergonomic chair or keyboard to further reduce your risk of developing an MSD.
Contents of this Office Ergonomics Checklist
This office ergonomics checklist includes (but, is not limited to) the following aspects and their subsets of office ergonomics:
- Ergonomic principles.
- Work organization.
- Individual capability.
- Forearms wrists and hand position.
- Overhead lighting.
- Information, instruction, and training.
- Supervision of work practice protocols.
Why Choose to Buy this Office Ergonomics Checklist
- This 3-page office ergonomics checklist can assist you ensure that the office and associated work environment is assessed, monitored and controlled.
- The checklist can provide you with practical guidance on how to minimize the risk of working for extended periods, occupational injury and discomfort in an office environment.
After purchasing this template you will be able to:
- Very easily edit and customize the template to create your own office assessment checklist.
- Apply your own style, format and brand to the checklist.
- Use it in any industry or sector regardless of size or type of organization.
Availability and Use of this Office Ergonomics Checklist
- This checklist template is accessible to you right now by clicking the ‘Buy Now’ button.
- The checklist will be delivered to you in fully editable Microsoft Word format for immediate and full use in your business.
- There are no subscriptions, contracts or ongoing costs.
This Office Ergonomics Checklist is 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed.