About this ISO 45001 Audit Checklist
An essential part of the ISO 45001 occupational health safety (OH&S) management systems standard is that an organization conducts internal ISO 45001 gap analysis audits at planned intervals.
The purpose of these audits is to identify gaps and provide information as to whether the OHS management system conforms to the requirements of the ISO 45001 2018 standard, its own OHS system, policy, objectives and whether the system is effectively implemented and maintained.
This ISO 45001 audit checklist can meet the requirements of the ISO 45001 occupational health and safety standard, as outlined below:
- ISO 45001 Section 4. Context of the Organization
- ISO 45001 Section 5. Leadership and Worker Participation
- ISO 45001 Section 6. Planning
- ISO 45001 Section 7. Support
- ISO 45001 Section 8. Operation
- ISO 45001 Section 9. Performance Evaluation
- ISO 45001 Section 10. Improvement
The ISO 45001 audit checklist rating system is graded from conformance to non-conformance, to convey a concise and consistent methodology for scoring each ISO 45001 audit criteria.
There are also provisions within the ISO 45001 audit checklist for the identification of risks and opportunities, that can effectively contribute to the continual improvement processes of the ISO 45001 OH&S management systems standard.
Once this audit checklist is completed, it will detail all the findings, documents provided and issues observed, subsequently allowing the monitoring and review of any corrective actions that are needed.
Conducting Internal ISO 45001 Audits
Under section 9.2 of the ISO 45001 standard an organization must conduct internal audits to provide information on whether the organization conforms:
- To its own requirements of its OHS management system.
- The requirements of international standard ISO 45001 and whether the system is effectively implemented and maintained.
Top management should plan for internal audits to be conducted at planned intervals to determine the status and importance of each process that comprises of the OHS management system.
The internal audit frequency should be based upon a process of hazard identification, performance trends, results from previous audits, rates of non-conformity, incidents, injuries and corrective actions. Once completed an internal audit report can also serve as ‘retained documented information’ as evidence of effective implementation of an audit program and compliance obligations.
The ISO 45001 Audit Checklist’s Methodology
The ISO 45001 audit checklist can be used to assess an organization’s compliance with the ISO 45001 standard at any stage of the implementation process, from initial planning to ongoing maintenance.
The checklist is divided into all the sections that correspond to the clauses of the ISO 45001 standard, and each section includes a list of the specific requirements that must be met in order for the organization to be compliant.
The internal audit results are the critical inputs that will help assess the effectiveness of a health and safety management system. The audit findings shall enable any required corrective actions to the ISO 45001 system and associated internal OHS audit processes to be communicated to the relevant parties.
When undertaking internal audits, the auditor(s) should use risk-based thinking and the notion of continual improvement as the main drivers.
Why Become a Member of Redcat Safety and Download this ISO 45001 Audit Checklist?
If you are looking to get your organization certified to ISO 45001, you will need to go through an internal ISO 45001 auditing process, and this checklist can assist you with the ISO certification process.
Once this audit process is completed it will detail all the findings, the documents provided and issues observed, subsequently allowing the review of any corrective actions that are needed, resulting in a safe and healthy workplace.
After downloading this ISO 45001 audit checklist you will be able to:
- Very easily edit and customize the template to create your own ISO 45001 audit checklist.
- Apply your own style, format and brand to the checklist.
- Use it in any industry or sector regardless of size or type of organization.
Availability and Use of this ISO 45001 Audit Checklist
- This ISO 45001 audit checklist is accessible to you right now by clicking the ‘Become a Member Now’ button.
- The audit checklist will be delivered to you in editable Microsoft Word format for immediate and full use in your business.
- There are no membership auto-renewals, contracts or ongoing costs.
If you can find HSEQ resources that are of better value than what your Redcat Safety Membership offers, we will REFUND YOU double the cost of your membership.