Understanding the Context of an Organization
Context of the organization refers to the conditions that exist or occur within a business. The term is often used to describe the relevant factors that make up a business’s internal and external environment.
There are several reasons why it is important to understand the context of an organizational structure, including:
- To provide valuable insights into the business’s culture and values.
- To help identify internal and external context and stakeholders and their interests, including relevant political economic and social technologies.
- To help to determine the positive or negative aspects of the competitive and market economic environments.
- Identifying relevant interested parties and documented information requirements.
- To provide information about the business’s past and how it has evolved to achieve the intended outcomes.
Understanding the context of an organization means defining the scope, influences and effects of various elements within the organizational structure. This may include the organizations:
- Culture, goals and objectives.
- Top management’s approach to governance.
- Customers, communication and information
- The complexity of products and services.
- The flow of processes and size of markets, etc.
- Internal audit requirements and ISO 9001 certification body ISO 9001 requirements.
How to Determine the Context of an Organization
The international standard of ISO 9001 does not prescribe methods for determining the context of an organization. Therefore, this procedure template follows a very practical four-step approach:
- Identify who are the interested parties and what are their requirements, needs and expectations.
- Identify the internal issues that can affect our products, services, investments and interested parties.
- Identify the external issues that can affect our organization’s products, services, investments and interested parties.
- Regularly review and monitor those internal issues, external issues and interested parties that have been identified.
Contents of this ISO 9001 Context of the Organization Procedure
- Overview of the Context of the Organization Assessment.
- Determining the Scope of a QMS.
- Interest Party Requirements and Issues of Concern.
- Risks and Opportunities.
- Strategic Objectives and Direction.
- Related Procedures, Forms and Documents.
- Monitoring and Review Criteria.
- Record Management.
Why Choose to Buy this ISO 9001 Context of an Organization Procedure
- This 8-page ISO 9001 context of the organization procedure template can assist you establish the quality related context of your organization and strategic objectives and direction.
- The procedure will guide you through the process to identify internal and external issues and the scope of a quality manual to achieve compliance with the ISO 9001 2015 standard.
After purchasing this template you will be able to:
- Very easily edit and customize the template to create your own procedure.
- Apply your own style, format and brand to the procedure.
- Use it in any industry or sector regardless of the size or type of organization.
Availability and Use of this ISO 9001 Context of the Organization Procedure
- This procedure is accessible to you right now by clicking the ‘Buy Now’ button.
- The procedure will be delivered to you in fully editable Microsoft Word format for immediate and full use in your business.
- There are no subscriptions, contracts or ongoing costs.
This ISO 9001 Context of the Organization Procedure is 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed.