What is a Hazard Report Form?
A hazard report form is a document that can be used to report potential workplace safety hazards. The form is used to record information about the hazard, including a description of the hazard, the location of the hazard and the potential risks associated with the hazard. The form can then be submitted to the appropriate person for review and follow-up.
How to Report a Safety or Health Hazard
If you see something, say something, this statement is more than just a slogan, it is crucial to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace.
If you see a hazard, report it immediately. We all know the drill and it is a simple enough concept to follow when maintaining a safe and healthy workplace.
If a hazard is identified that cannot be immediately controlled, a verbal or documented hazard report should be completed and submitted to management ASAP.
How to Fill Out a Hazard Report Form
It is important to identify and document hazards to help prevent accidents and injuries.
Here is a basic overview on how to fill out a hazard report form:
- Fill out the date and time the type of hazard identified.
- Fill out the name and job title of the person who observed the hazard.
- Describe the hazard in detail (include where it is located, what it is, and how it could cause an accident or injury etc).
- List any potential risks that are linked to the hazard and do a risk assessment.
- List the corrective actions to eliminate or reduce the risks associated with the hazard.
Note: A worker at any level in a company, including contractors, is required to report any situation in the workplace which they believe could constitute a hazard to themselves or any other person.
Hazard and Risk Register
Hazards and risks that are identified in the risk or safety management process should be transferred to a hazard and risk register. A hazard and risk register is a living document that allows new or changed hazards to be recorded and monitored for mitigation too as low as reasonably practicable.
Contents of this Hazard Report Form
This hazard report form template can be used to document an identified hazard. The form has provisions for:
- Work area.
- Risk assessment and description of the issue or hazard.
- Risk rating.
- Suggested safety measure solution.
- What has been done to rectify the issue, risk or hazard.
- Manager sign-off.
Why Choose to Buy this Hazard Report Form
This 1-page hazard report form template can enable:
- Foreseeable hazards in the workplace to be identified.
- Risks and potential hazards to be assessed.
- Risks to be eliminated or controlled before an actual incident occurs.
- Determine if control measures are effective.
A hazard report helps people understand the hazard and any hazardous conditions better. Outcomes of hazard reporting can then be discussed at toolbox talks or other safety forums.
After purchasing this template you will be able to:
- Very easily edit and customize the template to create your own hazard report.
- Apply your own style, format and brand to the hazard report form.
- Use it in any industry or sector regardless of size or type of organization.
Availability and Use of this Hazard Report Form
- This hazard report template is accessible to you right now by clicking the ‘Buy Now’ button.
- The template will be delivered to you in fully editable Microsoft Word format for immediate and full use in your business.
- There are no subscriptions, contracts or ongoing costs.
This Hazard Report is 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed.