About this Safety Issue Resolution Flowchart
This safety issue resolution flowchart can be used to illustrate a process by which health and safety issues at work can be reported and resolved.
How health and safety issues at work are raised and dealt with is a test of:
- How well the workplace is managing health and safety.
- Management and the employee’s commitment to health and safety to identify safety issues, or possible safety improvements in the workplace.
- Management’s commitment to attempt to resolve the safety issues or act on improvements, so that the health and safety of all employees is enhanced.
Wherever possible, any health and safety issues at work should be resolved through consultation. However, if the safety issue cannot be resolved, then it should follow a defined safety issue resolution process.
Identifying and Raising Health and Safety Issues
The key to the successful resolution of health and safety issues (and avoidance of cease work) is an early identification of a problem, potential problem, or potential improvement before it becomes a major issue. Personnel should always raise issues directly with management first and:
- Be encouraged to be conscious of their work environment and work methods and to identify hazard controls that could affect or improve workplace health and safety.
- Be aware that periodic or occasional audits or an inspection of the workplaces by management or others are a necessary component of ensuring the health and safety of all.
- Make sure that any matters identified are initially raised and discussed with management as soon as possible.
As with any action to resolve health and safety issues or improve the workplace, the preliminary response will be a management or supervision responsibility.
Note: It is desirable not to hold safety issues at the workplace over until a later date e.g. the next health and safety or workgroup meeting. Management must seriously consider every problem or improvement that is raised and fully understand its importance to employees.
Mechanisms for employees to document safety issues may include:
- Auditing programs such as safety and hazard inspections.
- Near miss reporting using a hazard reporting process.
- Risk assessment and resolved issues processes.
- Issuing a provisional improvement notice for the resolution of issues.
- Health and safety representatives or general safety representatives (HSR).
- Issues that are raised and recorded at health and safety committee meetings.
It is important that any idea or suggestion offered is:
- Acknowledged, so that employees or work groups that are affected by the issue know they have been heard.
- Assessed for its suitability, which should involve the employee(s) who put forward the idea.
- Publicized, so that others may benefit from the occupational health and safety idea.
- Implemented as soon as practicable as per an issue resolution procedure or agreed procedure.
- Monitored, and its success, failure or improvement is revised and reported back to the employees.
Why Become a Member of Redcat Safety and Download this Safety Issue Resolution Flowchart?
- This flowchart can provide persons conducting a business or undertaking (PCBU) with a structured and standardized approach to address work health and safety concerns.
- The flowchart can improve communication, enable timely response, ensure effective documentation, enhance accountability and facilitates continuous improvement in managing safety issues.
After downloading this safety issue resolution flowchart you will be able to:
- Very easily edit and customize the template to create your own safety issue resolution flowchart.
- Apply your own style, format and brand to the flowchart.
- Use it in any industry or sector regardless of size or type of organization.
Availability and Use of this Safety Issue Resolution Flowchart
- This flowchart is accessible to you right now by clicking the ‘Become a Member Now’ button.
- The template will be delivered to you in fully editable Microsoft Word format for immediate and full use in your business.
- There are no membership auto-renewals, contracts or ongoing costs.
If you can find HSEQ resources that are of better value than what your Redcat Safety Membership offers, we will REFUND YOU double the cost of your membership.