Working from Home Overview
In general, arrangements for working from home or other outside work environment will depend on one or more of the following criteria:
- There is a benefit to the employer and employee.
- The arrangement would enhance or maintain productivity.
- There would be no significant additional expenses incurred.
- Working in the absence of a normal workplace is an approved condition of employment or a contract.
- There are valid personal or family reasons.
Working from home or away from a normal workplace can be both beneficial and challenging. Difficulty concentrating, low motivation or moments of distraction may need to be monitored and controlled from time to time. Most workers who can work remotely with success usually have a reputation for being very disciplined.
Note: it is important that personnel working from home maintain their focus on a healthy work-life balance and still nurture their business relationships.
What is a Working from Home Procedure?
A working from home procedure is a set of instructions and guidelines that helps employees be safe, productive and efficient when working from home (or another outside work environment).
The procedure can include details on setting up a dedicated workspace, maintaining set hours and communicating with team members.
There are a lot of benefits to working from home, including an enhanced ability to trust your employees, but it can also be a challenge for some remote employees or remote workers to stay productive and efficient.
Contents of this Working from Home Procedure
- Terms and Definitions.
- Roles and Responsibilities.
- Introduction to Employees who Work from Home.
- Approving Work from Home
- Maintain a Regular Work Schedule.
- Meetings and Project Management.
- Communication When Working Remotely.
- Approval Process for Utilities.
- Introduction to Workstation Ergonomics.
- The Correct Work Posture.
- Working Height.
- Computer Position.
- Computer Mouse.
- Work and Rest Schedules.
- Posture Activity Exercises.
- Useful Tips.
- Related Procedures, Forms and Documents.
- Review Criteria.
- Record Management.
Why Choose to Buy this Working from Home Procedure
- This 14-page working from home procedure can assist you set up processes to enable a home-based office or other associated outside work environment to be assessed, monitored and controlled to create a workday.
- The procedure can also provide practical guidance to your organization on how to minimize the risk of occupational injury and discomfort in a home office or remote work environment.
- By following the procedure employees understand the work arrangements, working hours, remote team building and employee engagement methods that are required.
After purchasing this template you will be able to:
- Very easily edit and customize the template to create your own procedure.
- Apply your own style, format and brand to the procedure.
- Use it in any industry or sector regardless of the size or type of organization.
Availability and Use of this Working from Home Procedure
- This working from home procedure is accessible to you right now by clicking the ‘Buy Now’ button.
- The procedure will be delivered to you in fully editable Microsoft Word format for immediate and full use in your business.
- There are no subscriptions, contracts or ongoing costs.
This Working from Home Procedure is 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed.