What is a Training Needs Analysis Template?
A training needs analysis template is a tool that can be used to assess what an individual, group, or organization needs to learn or do to meet specific knowledge, skill and ability goals.
The analysis is usually conducted as part of a skills and knowledge audit or as part of a skill gap process to select the required training or development course. Several different methods can be used to conduct a training needs analysis.
Some common methods include interviews, focus groups, surveys, and observations. Once the training needs analysis has been conducted, the next step is to develop a training plan.
The training plan should be designed to meet the specific learning and development needs and the organizational goals that were identified in the training needs analysis.
How to Do a Training Needs Analysis
Conducting a training needs analysis is a great way to determine what training is required to enable workers to perform their roles competently and safely.
A training needs analysis should consider the following matters, inclusive of:
- Position responsibilities.
- Mandatory legal training requirements.
- Statutory licensing requirements.
- Known or anticipated risks and opportunities.
- Current procedures or the equivalent.
- Organizational requirements.
- Standards and legislation.
A training needs analysis should be reviewed periodically for all position types and updated to reflect any new positions created. The training needs analysis should be updated if:
- There are changes in risks or opportunities.
- There are changes in the work practices or measures to control risk.
- There are changes in roles and responsibilities or organizational arrangements.
- There are changes to legislation.
- There is new or additional information from manufacturers, suppliers or other relevant bodies that may impact personnel, products or services.
Establishing a Training Plan
Once a training needs analysis has been completed management can then determine and source the appropriate training programs.
Once a training provider(s) is identified and their services engaged, the training should be scheduled, and subsequent details recorded.
Training effectiveness should be monitored and reviewed during an appraisal process and by completion of a training course evaluation checklist.
Contents of this Training Needs Analysis and Training Plan
This training needs analysis template includes employee training and competencies such as:
- Safety induction.
- Emergency response procedure.
- HIRAC methodology.
- Risk specific.
- Basic first aid.
- CPR and LV rescue.
- Fire warden.
- Fire extinguisher.
- Personal protective equipment.
Job performance or role-specific work such as:
- Plant certificate of competency.
- Isolation procedures.
- Work at heights training.
- Confined space entry.
- Specific job description competencies.
The training plan has provisions for identifying the skills and training initiatives such as:
- Course description.
- Course length.
- Units of competency.
- Refresher training required.
- Training provider.
- Provider supplies record of attendance.
- Provider supplies evaluation.
All of the items listed above can very easily be amended to suit your own organization’s training survey template needs and training plans.
Why Choose to Buy this Training Needs Analysis and Training Plan?
This 2-page spreadsheet training needs analysis template and training plan can assist you to identify the training, skills and competencies that are needed in your workplace and assist you with a performance gap analysis.
Once completed the training plan will help you roll out the training that has been identified and run the training solution courses. By completing this exercise the organization’s team members, (e.g. human resource department and management) will be much closer to reaching the overall company goals and objectives.
After purchasing this template you will be able to:
- Very easily edit and customize the template to create your own training needs assessment template.
- Apply your own style, format and brand to the training needs analysis and training plan.
- Use it in any industry or sector regardless of size or type of organization.
Availability and Use of this Training Needs Analysis Template and Training Plan
- This training needs analysis and the training plan template is accessible to you right now by clicking the ‘Buy Now’ button.
- The template will be delivered to you in fully editable Microsoft Excel format for immediate and full use in your business.
- There are no subscriptions, contracts or ongoing costs.
This Training Needs Analysis Template is 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed.