About this Excavator Inspection Checklist
This excavator inspection checklist can be used in conjunction with your operator’s manual, to ensure that your excavator is functioning properly and is maintained for peak performance. Pre-operational inspections of your excavator will help you avoid breakdowns and loss of work time.
This excavator inspection checklist prompts for the following items:
- Is the engine and all rotating/moving parts enclosed?
- Are the tracks and track frame in good working condition?
- Are the tracks adjusted and tensioned?
- Is the boom and arm free from defects, cracks and fatigue?
- Are hydraulic cylinders and hoses in good working condition?
- Is the bucket and quick hitch in good working condition?
- Are the cutting edges/teeth in good working condition?
- Are mirrors and windows clean?
- Are lights, alarms and e-stops fully operational?
- Is fuel, oil and coolant levels adequate?
Why Do Regular Inspections on an Excavator
Excavator inspections are important because they help to ensure the safety of the operator and the people around the excavator. They also help to prevent damage to the excavator and the property around it. Doing daily inspections can catch problems early and prevent them from becoming bigger, more expensive issues later on.
What is a Pre-Start Inspection?
Pre-start inspections are the basic examinations that an operator completes before performing operational functions. The objective is to identify existing or potential faults with the machine, that may lead to repairs, accidents or unexpected downtime if not given attention. Pre-start inspections must be performed based on the recommendations outlined in the operator’s manual.
Why Become a Member of Redcat Safety and Download this Excavator Inspection Checklist?
- Completing an inspection checklist ensures that the excavator is in good working condition, reducing the risk of accidents, equipment failures, or injuries during operation.
- The checklist can encourage active participation in equipment maintenance and safety. It fosters a sense of ownership and responsibility, promoting a positive safety culture within the organization.
After downloading this excavator inspection checklist you will be able to:
- Very easily edit and customize the template to create your own excavator inspection checklist.
- Apply your own style, format and brand to the checklist.
- Use it in any industry or sector regardless of size or type of organization.
Availability and Use of this Excavator Inspection Checklist
- This checklist is accessible to you right now by clicking the ‘Become a Member Now’ button.
- The checklist will be delivered to you in fully editable Microsoft Word format for immediate and full use in your business.
- There are no membership auto-renewals, contracts or ongoing costs.
If you can find HSEQ resources that are of better value than what your Redcat Safety Membership offers, we will REFUND YOU double the cost of your membership.