What is a Procurement Checklist?
Procurement is the process of acquiring goods, services, equipment or other items. A procurement checklist is a tool that can be used to ensure that all necessary steps are taken when procuring such things.
The first step in any procurement process is to identify what is needed and then apply all the necessary checks to ensure compliance with health, safety, environmental and quality requirements.
An effective procurement function starts with a clear understanding of the goals and objectives and how procurement can help to achieve them.
Why Should I Use a Procurement Checklist?
When procuring goods, services, equipment of other items, completing the right assessments upfront can save you a lot of costs and headaches later on.
Considering safety, health, environmental, and quality aspects before purchase also reduces the risk of incidents, poor ergonomic design, equipment failure, defective products and hazardous materials.
A procurement checklist can also ensure that all stakeholders are consulted and assist with negotiations during the procurement process.
Contents of this Procurement Checklist
The checklist has provisions including but, not limited to:
- General pre-purchase HSEQ considerations.
- Sources of supply.
- Manual handling legislation.
- Plant safety legislation.
- Operator license, permit, certificate of competency.
- Registration of plant and equipment.
- Public safety legislation.
- Dangerous goods legislation.
- Noise legislation.
- Guarding/emergency stops/safety devices.
- Workplace layout, access, and storage.
- Safety signage.
- Vendor contracts with suppliers.
- Instruction manuals, information about safe use.
- Training for those who will install, use or maintain.
- Relevant ISO Standards.
Why Choose to Buy this Procurement Checklist Template
- This 4-page checklist can be used to confirm that the health, safety, environmental and quality requirements have been formally considered before purchasing equipment or materials.
- The checklist can ensure the right purchase is made to achieve the desired outcome.
After purchasing this template you will be able to:
- Very easily edit and customize the template to create your own procurement checklist.
- Apply your own style, format and brand to the checklist.
- Use it in any industry or sector regardless of size or type of organization.
Availability and Use of this Procurement Checklist
- This checklist template is accessible to you right now by clicking the ‘Buy Now’ button.
- The checklist will be delivered to you in fully editable Microsoft Word format for immediate and full use in your business.
- There are no subscriptions, contracts or ongoing costs.
This Procurement Checklist is 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed.