What is Live Electrical Work?
Live electrical work refers to work that is undertaken on energized electrical equipment or live electrical installation systems. It is extremely dangerous and should only be attempted by qualified and very experienced personnel.
Working on energized electrical equipment and systems can lead to serious injuries or death.
Qualified personnel are trained to work safely with electricity and have the necessary safety equipment to protect themselves. Live electrical work is not something that should be attempted lightly and only qualified personnel should do it.
What is a Live Electrical Work Permit?
A live electrical work permit (LEWP) is a written authorization to work on or near exposed, energized electrical conductors or circuit parts. LEWP’s are commonly used in the electrical power industry but, are also found in other industries such as mining, petrochemical and heavy industrial manufacturing.
LEWP’s are intended to ensure that the work will be performed safely, and to provide a record of who authorized the work and who performed it.
The permit should include a description of the work to be performed, the location of the work, the name of the authorized individual and the date the permit is issued.
The permit should also identify all special precautions that need to be taken, such as the use of specialized personal protective equipment.
Contents of this Perform Live Electrical Work Permit
There are provisions in this permit for but, not limited to:
- Site address.
- Electrical contractor.
- Client representative.
- Project address.
- Scope of work.
- Reason for live work.
- Testing and fault finding.
- Circuit breaker isolation
- Expected start date.
- Expected finish date.
- Live work procedure.
- Job specific risk assessment.
- Access requirements.
- Supervision requirements.
- Safety observer.
- Competency training.
- Equipment required.
- Personal protective equipment requirements.
- Authorization and worker agreement.
- Risk assessment matrix.
Why Choose to Buy this Perform Live Electrical Work Permit
This 6-page permit can assist you identify all aspects of the live electrical work, assess the risks and obtain the required authority to safely perform the live electrical work.
After purchasing this template you will be able to:
- Very easily edit and customize the template to create your own perform live electrical permit.
- Apply your own style, format and brand to the permit.
- Use it in any industry or sector regardless of size or type of organization.
Availability and Use of this Perform Live Electrical Work Permit
- This permit is accessible to you right now by clicking the ‘Buy Now’ button.
- The permit will be delivered to you in fully editable Microsoft Word format for immediate and full use in your business.
- There are no subscriptions, contracts or ongoing costs.
This Permit is 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed.