What is a Quality Policy?
A quality policy is a statement by an organization that defines the overall direction and approach to quality within an organization.
It provides a framework for setting quality objectives and guides stakeholders how to achieve them. A quality policy should be aligned with the organization’s business objectives and be reviewed and updated regularly to ensure it remains relevant.
Having a policy is essential if you want to implement an ISO 9001 2015 standard QMS, as the standard requires a quality policy (refer to ISO 9001 section 5.2). An effective policy should be clear and concise and communicate the organization’s commitment to the requirements for quality.
How to Write a Quality Policy
The overall aim when developing a policy is to ensure that all work conducted within the scope of business operations, complies with quality objectives and applicable regulatory requirements.
At a minimum, these commitments and objectives should encompass:
- That the policy is appropriate to the context of the organization, including the nature, size and its products and services.
- An overarching framework for the commitment to meeting quality control targets and objectives.
- The resources that are required to meet processes, objectives and targets.
- A commitment to the quality of products and services.
- A responsibility to engage with interested parties and to promote continual improvements with performance and compliance obligations.
- Meeting or exceeding the requirements of relevant industry standards.
- A regular review and the communication of quality commitments to customer requirements, clients, authorities and other interested parties.
The policy should be developed in consultation and with input from all members of the organization.
How to Communicate a Quality Policy to Employees and Other Interested Parties
It is important that employees and other interested parties understand the policy and how it applies to their work or interests.
A policy should be communicated and understood in a way that is clear and concise. One way to communicate the policy is to post it in a prominent location where it can be seen. Another way to communicate the policy is to include it in employee handbooks or other training materials.
The policy can also be communicated and understood within an organization by:
- Induction training.
- Supplier contracts.
- Notice boards.
- The intranet site.
- Internal communications.
- Performance reviews.
An organization’s top management is responsible for communicating the quality policy in consultation with stakeholders.
The Importance of a Quality Policy
A quality policy is an important tool for communicating the organization’s commitment to quality, to its employees, customers, suppliers and other stakeholders. It can help to build a culture of quality within an organization.
The continued success of an organization is intrinsically linked to achieving and maintaining high standards of compliance with a quality policy.
The Benefits of a Quality Policy
Having a policy sets out the key aims and principles of a business by providing a framework for establishing the strategic direction, key performance measures, objectives and targets.
Having a policy can provide significant benefits to an organization, these benefits may include:
- Creating and nurturing a working environment of success based on honesty and integrity.
- Providing a quality management system that incorporates the Plan-Do-Check-Act methodology.
- Committing to creating and maintaining an environment that satisfies the requirements of an effective quality management system.
- Continually improving the management of quality by establishing, monitoring and regularly reviewing quality objectives and targets.
- Providing the resources required to meet quality processes, objectives and targets.
- Apply a high level of focus to customer satisfaction.
- Actively promote quality principles and be involved in quality processes and arrangements.
Why Choose to Buy this Quality Policy Template?
- This 1-page policy template is designed to the requirements of ISO 9001, Quality Management Systems clause 5.2. Quality Policy.
- The overall objective of this policy template is to ensure that quality objectives are integrated into all operational activities, which are of fundamental importance to continually improve a business’s products and services.
After purchasing this template you will be able to:
- Very easily edit and customize the template to create your own policy.
- Apply your own style, format and brand to the policy.
- Use it in any industry or sector regardless of size or type of organization.
Availability and Use of this Quality Policy
- This policy template is accessible to you right now by clicking the ‘Buy Now’ button.
- The policy will be delivered to you in fully editable Microsoft Word format for immediate and full use in your business.
- There are no subscriptions, contracts or ongoing costs.
This Quality Policy is 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed.