What is a Corrective and Preventive Action Register?
A corrective and preventive action (CAPA) register is a tool used to record and track corrective and preventive actions. The actions can be recorded in response to non-conformities, customer complaints or other complications.
The register can be used to track actions that are taken to prevent the problem from occurring again in the future. To be effective a CAPA process system must record accurate data, due dates set and be monitored closely.
What is a Corrective and Preventive Action?
In general terms:
- A corrective action is an action to eliminate a detected nonconformity and to prevent a recurrence.
- A preventative action is an action to eliminate the cause of a potential nonconformity or other potentially undesirable situation.
A corrective and preventative action is a process used by an organization to identify and correct defects in its products, services, or processes. Organizations use CAPA to address issues such as customer complaints, do root cause analysis, process or product non-conformances, quality audits, and regulatory inspections.
CAPA can be used to improve the quality of an organization’s products, services, and processes. It can also be used to prevent issues from occurring in the future.
The corrective and preventative action process typically consists of four steps:
- Identification of the problem or potential problem.
- Investigation into the cause of the problem.
- Implementation of a corrective or preventative action to fix the problem.
- Monitoring the actions to ensure they are effective.
Note: A nonconformity is often associated with corrective and preventative actions and can be described as ‘non-fulfillment of a requirement, where a requirement is a need or expectation that is stated, generally implied or obligatory.’
Contents of this Corrective and Preventive Action Register
There are provisions in this corrective and preventative action register for:
- What is the Issue.
- Identify the Root Cause of the Problem.
- Reported by.
- Required Corrective Action Process or Preventative Action Plan.
- Responsibility Due Date.
- Status (plan do check act stage).
- Date Closed.
- Feedback Given.
- Management Review Date.
- Relevant Legislation.
- Document Reference.
Why Choose to Buy this Corrective and Preventive Action Register?
This corrective and preventative action register can assist you to establish the required corrective action plans and processes for identifying, documenting and analyzing non-conformities and mitigating their impacts by applying the appropriate corrective or preventative actions.
The register can assist with improving operational processes, internal audit actions and documenting actions to prevent non-conforming products and services.
After purchasing this template you will be able to:
- Very easily edit and customize the template to create your own corrective and preventative action register.
- Apply your own style, format and brand to the register.
- Use it in any industry or sector regardless of size or type of organization.
Availability and Use of this Corrective and Preventive Action Register
- This corrective and preventative action register template is accessible to you right now by clicking the ‘Buy Now’ button.
- The register will be delivered to you in fully editable Microsoft Excel format for immediate and full use in your business.
- There are no subscriptions, contracts or ongoing costs.
This Corrective and Preventive Action Register is 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed.