What is Identification and Traceability?
Identification and traceability is the process of tracking products, items or services from their point of origin to their final destination.
Traceability is the ability to follow the movement of a product through the supply chain, from its source to the consumer. Identification is the process of assigning a unique identifier to a product. These identifiers can be used to track the product through a supply chain and to recall the product if necessary.
Identification and traceability typically involves the allocation and tracking of a batch number, work order number, unique serial number, barcode and/or revision number, as applicable to a product, item or service.
Why is Identification and Traceability Important?
The identification and traceability of products and services is very important in many industries. For example, in the food industry, it is essential to be able to identify and trace products to ensure food safety.
In the pharmaceutical industry, it is important to be able to identify and trace products to ensure the quality and efficacy of medicines. In the cosmetics industry, it is important to be able to identify and trace products to ensure the safety of consumers.
By tracking products from their point of origin to their final destination, businesses can ensure that products and services are of the highest quality and meet all safety, quality and regulatory standards.
Note: Records of identification and traceability should be maintained by a responsible person(s) as ‘documented information’ and can be used as evidence for audit purposes.
Contents of this ISO 9001 Identification and Traceability Procedure
- Terms and Definitions.
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Identification and Traceability Flowchart.
- Product Identification and Traceability.
- Raw Material Traceability.
- Production Tooling.
- Service Deliverables.
- Stamp Control of Finished Product.
- Related Procedures, Forms and Documents.
- Review Criteria.
- Record Management.
Why Choose to Buy this ISO 9001 Identification and Traceability Procedure
- This 8-page ISO 9001 identification and traceability procedure template can assist you define the methods to identify and provide for the traceability of your business’s products and services.
- This procedure can be applied to all ‘typical’ work areas which use, handle, transport, store, inspect or manufacture products, raw materials and tooling etc.
- Please note that non-critical materials or supplies, which are not incorporated into a final product, or which serve only to support facilities or operations do not need to be subjected to an identification and traceability procedure.
After purchasing this template you will be able to:
- Very easily edit and customize the template to create your own procedure.
- Apply your own style, format and brand to the procedure.
- Use it in any industry or sector regardless of the size or type of organization.
Availability and Use of this ISO 9001 Identification and Traceability Procedure
- This procedure is accessible to you right now by clicking the ‘Buy Now’ button.
- The procedure will be delivered to you in fully editable Microsoft Word format for immediate and full use in your business.
- There are no subscriptions, contracts or ongoing costs.
This ISO 9001 Identification and Traceability Procedure is 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed.