What is an Employee Induction?
The first day on the job can be overwhelming for any new employee. There is a lot to learn and remember, and it can be difficult to hit the ground running. This is where employee induction comes in. An employee induction is the process of providing new employees with information about their job, the company, and their colleagues.
It helps them to feel welcome and feel supported in their new role. An employee induction should cover a range of topics, including the company history, the company culture, the job role and health and safety expectations.
An induction plan is a great opportunity to set the tone for a new starter’s time at the company and to ensure they feel welcomed and supported in their new role.
What is an Employee Induction Record?
An employee induction record is a document that includes all the information a new employee needs on health and safety, as well as understanding the company’s policies and procedures.
The employee induction training record helps to ensure that employees are properly trained and aware of the company’s expectations. It can also help to identify any areas where an employee may need additional training.
The induction record can be used to help the employee adjust to their new role and to help the employer assess the employee’s suitability for the position.
How to Induct a New Employee
The following is a guide on how to induct a new employee. It is important to remember that every business is different, so this guide is meant to be used as a general overview only.
A good business owner knows that a successful company is built on a great team, and a great team starts with great employees. So, when you hire a new employee, it’s important to take the time to properly induct them into the company.
Typically, a good way to do an effective induction is to provide the new employee with:
- A thorough orientation of the organization (this orientation should include a tour of all the facilities and an introduction to staff members and co-workers).
- Identification of what competencies and qualifications will be needed.
- The emergency procedures and/or alarm sound.
- Advice on the location of the emergency assembly point.
- The identification of the first aider.
- The location of first aid facilities.
- All site amenities (e.g. lunchroom, toilets, drinking water).
- Advice on the safe work methods for the tasks that will be performed.
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) requirements.
- Hazard reporting obligations.
- The procedures for reporting accidents/incidents/ hazards/injuries/property damage or other loss.
- The company’s safety rules.
- An employee handbook to formalize a successful employee induction.
Contents of this Employee Induction Record
This induction record has the provisions for many employment type details inclusive of but, not limited to:
- Contact Number.
- Employed or Contracted by.
- Trade Certification.
- General Construction Induction Card Number.
- Class of High-Risk Work Licenses.
- Expiry Date of High-Risk Work Licenses.
- Medical Record.
- Allergic to Medication.
- In Case of an Emergency Contact.
- Workplace Health and Safety Obligations.
- Non-Compliance Procedures.
- Work Environment Hazards.
- Personal Protective Equipment.
- Safety Footwear.
- Head Protection.
- Hearing Protection.
- Safety Glasses.
- Workers Declaration.
Why Choose to Buy this Employee Induction Record
This 2-page induction record can assist you to ensure that the induction process is effective, and that the new employee has officially participated in a workplace induction and:
- Had the site-specific health and safety rules explained to them.
- Understands their obligations and duties as a worker and team members.
- Has read and understands the contents of the employee induction form.
- Is fully aware of the consequences that will occur with any breaches of the rules and/or work health and safety legislation.
- Has read and understands the applicable work methods and agrees to work within the work method requirements.
After purchasing this template you will be able to:
- Very easily edit and customize the template to create your own employee induction program.
- Apply your own style, format and brand to the induction checklist form.
- Use it in any industry or sector regardless of size or type of organization.
Availability and Use of this Employee Induction Record
- This template is accessible to you right now by clicking the ‘Buy Now’ button.
- The template will be delivered to you in fully editable Microsoft Word format for immediate and full use in your business.
- There are no subscriptions, contracts or ongoing costs.
This Induction Record is 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed.